Trying to keep up with all the action of March Madness can be a maddening affair. With 130 total games played, it can be hard to catch every second. To help you stay connected, starting today Buick is offering one month of free 4G LTE wifi to select owners. With this offer, enabled by AT&T, you’ll be able to catch the game wherever you are.
Free Wifi and Tournament App
Along with the free month of wifi, Buick has partnered with the NCAA to bring customers an exclusive NCAA Tournament app that allows drivers to easily listen to the games’ live audio feeds. The new app will be available for the duration of the tournament on Buick vehicles that come with the Shop icon on their infotainment system.
“Since launching the unlimited data plan option during March Madness last year, we’ve seen monthly data usage increase more than 150 percent in our vehicles,” said Phil Brook, vice president, Buick and GMC Marketing. “Buick owners live an active lifestyle and value staying connected. By offering a free month of unlimited in-vehicle wifi data to eligible customers during March Madness, we’re helping ensure fans don’t miss out on any of the excitement.”
How to Get the Goods
Here’s how to redeem this limited-time offer.
The free unlimited data offer is available for current owners in the U.S. who have a vehicle equipped with an OnStar 4G LTE wifi hotspot and do not currently have an active data plan. To redeem this offer, visit www.buick.com/hoops and enter your email and VIN between March 12–16.
Wifi hotspots are available for Buick model year 15 and newer (model year 16 and newer for Enclave owners) as long as they’ve agreed to OnStar terms and conditions.
If your vehicle is equipped to get the app, you’ll see an NCAA Tournament app icon on the home screen of your Buick Infotainment System starting March 12, 2018.
Using the App
- Tap the app’s icon to open it.
- The first time you use it, you’ll have to accept Terms and Conditions.
- Next, you’ll see an informational popup; click OK to begin using the app and launch the audio screen.
- When the audio screen launches, the streaming controls appear. Use the forward and back controls to flip through the streams. If you select a channel and hear silence, that means it’s not currently broadcasting.
- Each stream will be identified with the round that the Tournament is in and the corresponding date(s).
- Five streams will be offered: Four are reserved for live games. In addition to live games as needed, the fifth will offer news, information and highlights from “hot” games.
- “Live streaming” means each game will only be available once, while it is being played.
You might also like: Explore and Play at the Bayou Country Children’s Museum
Barker Buick GMC
Is your vehicle not equipped with a wifi hotspot? If not, it may be time for an upgrade. Visit us at Barker Buick GMC and we’ll get you into a new car today.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.