South Louisiana’s Best of the Bayou music festival returns to Houma, LA this September. Don’t miss this year’s lineup of music, merch, and authentic Cajun grub. It’s fun for grown-ups and kids alike.
Best of the Bayou
Visit Downtown Houma Friday, September 22 and Saturday, September 23 to see the best of what the bayou has to offer. Receive a 50 percent discount on a weekend pass when you order now. For $10, you gain access to both Friday’s and Saturday’s lineup of festivities. At the door, prices increase to $10 per day. The event runs from 5 p.m.–11 p.m. each day. You’ll want to check the schedule (below) to make sure you know when and where your favorite group is playing. Arts and crafts vendors like String Theory Jewelry, Camelot Designs, and Happy Kajun Art will have booths set up all around the festival. Aside from providing Houma with a good shindig, the Best of the Bayou festival donates a portion of its proceeds to high school music departments in Terrebonne Parish.
- Jak Loche: 5 –5:45 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Gregg Martinez & The Delta Kings’ Swamp Pop Revue Ft. GG Shinn & TK Hulin: 6:30–7:30 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Nathan and the Zydeco Cha-Chas: 8:30–9:30 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Ayo: 5:45–6:30 p.m. Main Stage
- Flow Tribe: 7:30–8:30 p.m. Main Stage
- Cowboy Mouth: 9:30–11 p.m. Main Stage
- Jeff McCarty: 12–12:45 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Robin Barnes & The Fiyabirds: 1:30–2:30 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Corey Ledet And His Zydeco Band: 3:30–4:30 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Lost Bayou Ramblers: 5:30–6:45 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Louisiana’s LeRoux: 8–9:15 p.m. Courthouse Stage
- Sweet Cecilia: 12:45–1:30 p.m. Main Stage
- Jordan Anderson Band: 2:30–3:30 p.m. Main Stage
- The Josh Garrett Band: 4:30–5:30 p.m. Main Stage
- Jonathon Boogie Long: 6:45–8 p.m. Main Stage
- 38 Special: 9:15–11 p.m. Main Stage
While music may be the pièce de résistance of the festival, there are plenty of other events going on at Best of the Bayou. Bring out your artistic side and enter the festival poster competition. The winner will be named the official 2017 Poster Artist and – best of all – will receive $250 in prize money. Find details ahead of time, and start crafting! If you’re more of the show-and-tell type, register for the Cajun Corvette Club Classic Car Show. Even if you don’t own one, you can still enjoy the show along with music and door prizes at 4 p.m. Saturday. For an active spin on the weekend, register now for the Glow Run 5k Walk/Run. The race takes place Saturday and begins at 7:30 p.m. Participants will receive limited drink tickets and festival admittance when registering. Online registration costs $25 per runner and ends Friday, September 22 at 8 p.m. After that, you can register the day of the race at the start/finish line outside of the gates on Belanger St.
Barker Buick GMC
Houma knows how to put on a festival. And Barker Buick GMC knows how to find the right car for you. Visit today and see the bayou’s best lineup of new and pre-owned vehicles.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.